At BEAR JOURNAL PTY LTD (“BEAR”), the privacy of your personal Information is important to us. We are committed to ensuring that your personal information is handled responsibly and ethically in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (“Privacy Act”) or other relevant legislation as applicable.
1. Personal Information That We Collect
Personal information is information or an opinion about an identified individual, or an individual who is reasonably identifiable, whether the information or opinion is true or not and whether the information is recorded in a material form or not.
The types of information that we may collect include:
- identifying and contact information (ie name, gender, address, age, date of birth, and email address, social media identifiers);
- if you visit, purchase products through or create an account on the Site, your username and password, IP address, product purchase information, financial information (ie credit or debit card details) and other Site usage activity;
- information you include in your profile on the Site or any communications that you have with us; and
- other information with your consent or where required by law.
We may collect your personal information directly from you or indirectly from third parties including agents or service providers.
We generally do not collect sensitive information however if we require such information we will typically seek your consent to collect it. After you complete a profile registration with us or purchase a product from the Site you may receive informational and/or promotional communications from us. We aim to give you control of communications you receive from us and so you may opt-out of these emails by following the relevant instructions set out in communications we send to you
2. Purpose For Collecting Personal Information Bear
We will only collect, use and disclose your personal information for purposes reasonably required in connection with the operation of our business.
These purposes may include:
- to develop, market or sell BEAR’s products and services, or otherwise provide information with respect to our products and services;
- for the fulfilment, processing and management of purchase orders for our products and services or products and services of our affiliates;
- to develop, manage and maintain our relationship with you; for marketing communications, including provide you with information about BEAR, our products, launches, partnerships, events or other marketing or promotional information
- to maintain, update and improve the Site, our systems, and the features and benefits that we are able to you;
- to conduct internal administrative activities, research, analytics, planning and project development;
- for recruitment and staffing purposes; for dealing with complaints; and
- for other any purpose(s) as required or permitted by law.
3. Storage And Protection Of Personal Information
We may store your personal information in any form, including electronically on database servers either owned by us or as provided to BEAR by third party hosting companies. Third party hosting companies may locate the relevant database servers on which your personal information is stored either in Australia or overseas. If overseas, likely countries that such database servers may be located are the USA, Canada, New Zealand or the UK. At all times BEAR and our third party database hosting partners endeavour to implement appropriate practices and procedures to help secure, safeguard and prevent unauthorised access to your personal information, including technology and security policies, rules, and processes to protect your personal information from loss, modification, unauthorized access, improper use, improper alteration, unlawful or accidental destruction, or 3 accidental loss. BEAR will take reasonable steps to destroy or de-identify any personal information if we determine that such information is no longer required for the purpose for which it was collected.
4. Disclosure Of Personal Information
We may disclose personal information for the purposes set out above or as otherwise permitted by law to third parties, including to:
- related entities, commercial partners, agencies and affiliates;
- service providers engaged by BEAR in connection with the operation of our business;
- persons engaged by BEAR in connection with the recruitment, development and/or retention of employees and staff; and
- other persons and entities as permitted by law.
Please note that some recipients may be or be based overseas, including in countries such as the USA, Canada, New Zealand or the UK.
5. Cookies And Pixel Tags
6. Accessing And Correcting Personal Information
You have a right to access the personal information that we hold at any time, subject to certain exemptions under the Privacy Act. We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information we collect, use or disclose is accurate, complete and relevant to our relationship with you. If you would like to request access to would like to correct any of your personal information, please contact us in writing as per below.
7. Complaints Or Disputes
If you have any concerns about how we collect or use of your personal information or believe your personal information has been treated improperly please contact us and we will investigate your concerns or complaint as diligently and promptly and respond to you as soon as reasonably practicable. If you are unhappy with how we handle your complaint you may refer your complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (please see www.oaic.gov.au for more information).
8. Contacting Us About Privacy
If you wish to contact us about any privacy related matters or find out more information about our privacy practices, please contact us at:
BEAR JOURNAL PTY LTD.
PO Box 1292
WINDSOR VIC 3181